Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fallout 3 & Oblivion Double Pack on Sale

Amazon.com and video games go together like a lime and a coconut. And while some of their weekly game deals are nothing special, this week is worth noting. Several games are on sale, including a large menu of games in honor of Mother's Day, which seems to imply that all mothers love Disney and are chronically overweight. But the real stars of the show are Rage, on sale for Xbox and PS3 for $15; Ninja Gaiden III, on sale for PS3 for $40; and Fallout 3 & Oblivion Double Pack on sale for Xbox for an astoundingly low $20.

I can't speak for Fallout 3 since I've yet to play it, but Oblivion is one of the finest games I've ever played. $20 for two game-of-the-year contenders is an absolute steal. Rage is a first-person shooter from id Software (Doom, Quake) that received positive reviews. Ninja Gaiden III was mostly panned by critics.

All deals are available while supplies last on Amazon.com until Saturday, May 12.

2 comments:

  1. Can you expand on Rage at all? Have you played it. The reviews were good and I know everyone was expecting big things from id, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't expand very much unfortunately. I haven't played it. I do know that John Carmack was the lead programmer on Rage. He also worked on Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Quake. That, plus the positive reviews and the low price, makes it a must-buy for me. In id I trust.

      Delete